Minggu, 2009 Januari 04
April 25 & 26, 2009
Panitia SPOTLIGHT drama competiton 2009 – English Department
Universitas Kristen Petra
Jl. Siwalankerto 121-131 Surabaya 60236
T : 031-2983065
F : 031-8477661
E : firstname.lastname@example.org
W : www.spotlight-dramacompetition.blogspot.com
Sani - 08123090933
Vivi - 03169249123
Imelda - 08195516270
Marsella - 081703515536
SPOTLIGHT drama competition 2009 is a biennial drama competition for senior high school students held by Petra Little Theatre – English Department, Petra Christian University. Aside from celebrating the students’ self actualization in dramatic performance, this event also tries to encourage English proficiency education for senior high school students through representational acting performance. Realistic acting is chosen for this competition as it is the fundamental acting style that emphasizes the universal ability of every person to act since acting is not a special gift but more into reasonable, workable actions. In 2009, the genre that should be performed is drama.
Contestants of SPOTLIGHT drama competition 2009 will show their ability in performing a 10-minute one-act play in English language decided by the committee. Thus, upon receiving the script, the contestants must rehearse the script, develop not only the acting aspect but also the artistic aspect of it, and obey the script (any significant divergence is not allowed).
1. SPOTLIGHT drama competition 2009 is open for every Senior High School in Java, Madura and Bali.
2. Every school may send more than 1 group.
3. The entry fee is IDR 150,000- (one hundred and fifty thousand rupiahs).
DEADLINE AND SCHEDULE
1. The entry form and fee deadline is February 27, 2009.
2. Technical Meeting will be held on Friday, March 13, 2009 at 10 am. Things covered on the Technical Meeting:
• Venue orientation
• Performance Order
• Technical Rehearsal Order
• Assessment Criteria
Each school can only send two representatives to attend the technical meeting.
3. Technical Rehearsal will be held on Monday until Friday, April 6- 10 , 2009 (refer to every contestant’s order)
4. The announcement of the winner will be on April 26, 2009 and announced in printed media the following day.
For the competition, the committee provides:
1. Stage (8 m x 6 m x 2.8 m)
•Type: Phillips Spotone PAR 38 80 Watt
•Amount & position: 10 front, 10 center
• Player Type: SONY Compact Disc Deck Receiver (CD player, MD/video player, cassette player)
• Audio Type: indoor loud speaker (2 items)
4. Black backdrops for the 3 sides of the stage
5. A room for preparation
(Each group should have its own lighting, sound, property, costume and setting designer/ operator)
JURIES AND PRIZES
There will be three juries grading the performances in this competition:
1. Meilinda S.S. MA (Theatre)
Artistic Director of Petra Little Theatre (2006-present); Lecturer for Theatrical Package (2006-present); Keynote Speaker for theatre workshop on realistic acting; Actor and Director for several on-stage performances.
2. Dr. Ribut Basuki, MA (Theatre), Candidate
Member of Komisi Teater Dewan Kesenian Jawa Timur (2003-2006); Artistic Director of Petra Little Theatre (2002-2006); Lecturer for Theatrical Package (2000-present); Keynote Speaker for theatre workshop on realistic acting; Director for several on-stage performances.
3. Stefanny Irawan S.S.
Managing Director of Petra Little Theatre (2006-present); Lecturer for Theatrical Package (2006-present); Keynote Speaker for theatre workshop focusing on vocal and pronunciation, Director for several on-stage performances.
Aside from a certificate of participation for every contestant, the competition will award the following prizes to the contestants:
1. Trophy plus certificates and IDR 2,000,000 for The Winner
2. Trophy plus certificates and IDR 1,500,000 for the 1st Runner Up
3. Trophy plus certificates and IDR 1,000,000 for the 2nd Runner Up
4. Certificate and IDR 250,000 for the Best Actress
5. Certificate and IDR 250,000 for the Best Actor
The committee will decide on any cases or conditions which have not been mentioned in these regulations. Participation in the competition implies recognitions without reservation of the changes or decisions.